Nimbin Neighbourhood & Information Centre
Nimbin Neighbourhood and Information Centre Inc. (NNIC) is a community based organisation which provides a wide range of services and referrals for disadvantaged people in the Nimbin community. NNIC also aims to strengthen our community by undertaking a range of community development activities.
- Qualified Community Welfare Workers offering a huge range of Welfare Services including information and referrals, support, crisis counselling, advocacy, food and Telstra vouchers.
- Public Access to Computers, Internet, Photocopying, Laminating, Faxing, with full support
- Centrelink Agency
- Visiting Outreach Services including government and community based organisations
- Volunteering opportunities and work experience placements
- Newspapers and a Library
- We are an Outlet Agency for the CONC (Consortium of Neighbourhood Centres Far North Coast) Brighter Futures Far North Coast- an intensive support program for families with particular vulnerabilities.
- A Community Nurse Practitioner providing clinical mental health and drug and alcohol services for community members and their families
- Vacation Care - fun activities for kids aged 5-12 years during school holidays
- Soup Kitchen - Fridays at NNIC
- Various Sustainability Projects and other community development initiatives
Nimbin Neighbourhood and Information Centre Inc. is only partly government funded and relies on donations from the community. ALL DONATIONS OVER $2.00 ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE and are gratefully recieved. To make a tax deductible donation contact them.
For lots more information about NNIC go to the NNIC website: www.nnic.org.au
71 Cullen Street
Ph: 02 6689 1692
Main Office Mon-Fri 10:00-16:00
Community Welfare Workers 02 6689 1453